Built in 1876 and located in the main street of Angaston. Hardy and brother Bert were third generation Doddridges working this Blacksmith Shop. In 1965, when in his eighties, Hardy shod his last horse. He kept working other parts of the ‘smithy’ until the 1970s. Doddridge’s Blacksmith Shop shod cart and riding horses, and made wrought iron for carts, buggies, ploughs and tools. Blacksmith shops were an essential part of rural life and this is one of the very few remaining main street ‘smithies’ in South Australia. It is an extremely significant vernacular industrial building. After Hardy’s death in 1981, the people of the district purchased the smithy’s equipment to keep the collection together. The Blacksmith Shop is run by volunteers.